A tech company gains fame in its industry by innovating new and creative products. And undoubtedly, the power bank sector is one of the dynamic sectors of the tech world. Every day new electronic devices are coming, and the necessity for charging devices is increasing drastically. So, the tech companies are trying hard to get the best innovative products that can give users the best charging experience.
Among the top tech brands, Anker is no exception. They have been producing some incredible charging solutions, and Anker PowerCore 20000 is one of them. Today we are here for the Anker PowerCore 20000 review, and we will discuss ins and outs of their charging speed, design, and many more.
An Overview of Anker PowerCore 20000
The power bank comes with a nice black mesh bag and a charging cable. The outside surface of Anker PowerCore is made with tough plastic shells, and it has a polycarbonate texture. You will get it in a rectangular shape. And to avoid the minimal safety hazard, the shape is constructed with rounded corners.
- The dimension of the product is 6.7×2.5×0.8 inches, and the weight is around 11.7 ounces. So, you can call this power bank lighter than most other batteries, which have 20000mAh power.
- This gadget is not designed for the front or back pocket of your jeans or shirt. You will not feel comfortable carrying such a big battery. Hence, you can keep it in your larger jacket pocket or a bag. We recommed carrying it all the time in your backpack for emergency needs.
- If you look near the charging ports, you will find a circular-shaped status button which also works as a power button. Besides, you will find a ring of white LED lights around the circle that works as a charging status. After connecting your device to the Anker PowerCore, the charging process will start automatically. If it does not start, press the circular button for a little longer to start the device charging process.
You will find three ports on the top edge of the PowerCore 20000. Two are USB Type-A output ports, and another one is a micro-USB port for input charging used to charge the PowerCore.
- The micro-USB port and one of the Type-A ports can identify the connected device, and they can adjust voltage output automatically to 5V, 9V, and 12V. This Power IQ Standard helps to charge faster in various devices. In addition, you can charge easily on your USB Type-C cable-supported phones.
- Anker used some special features in this power bank like overheating protection, short-circuit protection, surge protection, overcurrent protection, etc.
- The combined pass-through charging function is not available in this power bank. So, you will not be able to recharge the powerbank when you will charge other devices using it.
- The price of the Anker PowerCore 20000 is quite reasonable.
You can use this Anker power bank to charge tablets and smartphones simultaneously. For this reason, it can be a good travel partner for you.
- The power bank ran for around 28 hours when it was connected to an iPad streaming full-screen video over Wi-Fi at maximum brightness. That’s not bad according to power efficiency.
- When we talk about recharging time, this gadget takes only 6-8 hours for a full recharge.
- If the battery temperature becomes high in any condition, the advanced technology automatically controls the heat by reducing power output.
- Though you can charge almost every common device using this power gadget, remember that it is not compatible with any device which has power input below 50mAh.
After Bought Service
Anker provides an 18-month warranty for their PowerCore power banks. For this, they maintain a U.S.-based customer support system. However, you can quickly contact them by phone, email, or web. You can also discuss your problems in their online community and forums.
- Comes with a good-looking black mesh bag
- Qualcomm 3.0 & IQ Tech
- Much power in a small-sized battery
- Better durability
- Dual USB-A ports
- Fast charging supported
- An 18-month warranty is provided
- Pass-through charging is not allowed
- Slightly oversized for a small purse
When to Buy an Anker PowerCore Power bank?
- When you need to fast charge your iPhones, iPods, Androids, etc. for trips.
- If you travel very often for several days in a place where main power is not always available.
- When you want to charge your original Nintendo Switch as fast as possible.
- If you like the Anker brand and their customer support.
When Not To Buy?
- If you are looking for a power bank to charge your laptop.
- When you are on a quick trip.
- If you don’t use multiple devices.
A power bank like the Anker PowerCore 20000 has a huge capacity, and it can charge your devices super-fast. However, you will get this Anker Power bank in a small size. Still, this power bank provides almost the same power compared to other products of the same capacity that come in a larger size than Anker.
Besides, its fast-charging facility reduces the carrying time, and you are free from trouble. Therefore, it is an ideal option when you will be away from electricity or main power for an extended period of time.