We use various kinds of batteries that deliver DC to power many of our electronics. However, sometimes the situation may get into such a state that you badly need an AC power supply, and you have no alternating current power supply around you. In that case, you can use batteries as an AC outlet if you know how to convert battery power to AC. Once you learn how to convert DC batteries, all your DC batteries can be turned into portable AC power supplies.
Ways Of Converting Battery Power To AC
When you think about converting your battery power, you should also consider all related measurements for a specific conversion rate. To clarify, every battery does not come with the same voltage or output power. So, you must identify the specifications for your battery first. Then, you can use the below methods to convert it into AC.
Using An Oscillator
Converting battery power requires a medium that changes the waveform for transmitting power. And, you’ll be glad to know that an oscillator can work as a circuit to generate a specific output signal. That means, you can simply transform the DC signal into an AC signal using the oscillator. To be precise, you need an LC oscillator that can generate a high-frequency signal from a low-frequency signal.
- First, figure out the specifications of your battery which you want to use for power conversion. Carefully check the voltage limit and ampere configuration. Usually, 12V or higher DC voltage converts into 100+ AC voltage.
- Then, you need to buy an oscillator from an electronics shop. When purchasing a specific oscillator, you should choose an LC oscillator that supports DC to AC transmission. Besides, match the voltage limit with the battery configuration so that the battery output and oscillator output remain the same.
- After that, don’t forget to purchase the input and output cables for the oscillator. Sometimes you may get the cables included with the oscillator. If you don’t have connector cables, all your efforts will be valueless.
- When you’ve bought all the necessary equipment, and the whole arrangement is completed, you can set the connection in any place. To do this, place the battery firmly and connect the input cable of the oscillator into it.
- Now, the oscillator will start converting the power from the output cable after giving the battery connection. And, you can check the output AC power using a testing tool.
- Finally, connecting the output cable to the desired electronics will start the conversion from battery power to AC power.
Using An Inverter
Generally, a power inverter can deliver the same power supply as an electrical outlet on your wall. Besides, this tool functions only for shifting DC to AC power. As a result, this method is trendy among people in terms of converting direct current to alternating current. Amazingly, some power inverters come with a battery packed inside that supplies alternating current. Particularly, follow the below steps when using an inverter for your battery.
- Firstly, purchase a power inverter with necessary cables from any electronics shop. Typically, most of them support a wide range of voltages and cover almost every battery type. So, buying a standard inverter is enough for the conversion process.
- Check the battery specifications if there is any warning mentioned on any side of the battery. If not, then match the battery voltage with the inverter input range. As a matter of fact, you can use multiple batteries with the same voltage using a single converter. Just connect the negative and positive lines using two separate wires.
- For multiple batteries, attach the positive and negative line wires into the input cable. On the contrary, simply connect the input cable to the battery when using a single battery.
- At this stage, the inverter will be ready to deliver alternating current as output. A current test is also recommended before moving to the final use. In conclusion, use the output cable to connect using AC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use A Normal Converter For This Process?
Actually, it depends on the battery voltage range and electricity flow of the inverter. If the converter doesn’t have a DC to AC for the input and output flow respectively, you cannot use such a converter here. Besides, when the converter does not support the input voltage similar to the battery voltage, you won’t be able to connect the battery with the converter.
Is It Possible To Convert Car Battery Power To AC?
Usually, the car batteries come with a 12 Voltage output supply. Luckily, you can easily find the inverter or oscillator with the same voltage range. So, it is undoubtedly possible to convert DC car battery power into AC, and you’ll approximately get a 110 Voltage AC output.
To sum up, converting battery power to AC always requires a circuit to transform DC energy into AC. Similarly, you can use an inverter or oscillator to convert DC battery power into AC. Point to be noted that, the power inverter can convert multiple battery power when connecting using a single wire.
However, the output power can never be exceeded the mentioned limit despite using more than one battery. So, choose an inverter when you need multiple battery power conversions. Alternatively, you may opt for an oscillator, which will also reduce your spending.